Camana Bay kicks off their annual charity initiative Christmas Give
Published on Tuesday, November 22nd, 2016 by Tristan Ralston
Last Saturday Camana Bay in Grand Cayman kicked off their annual charity initiative Christmas Give to help spread the joy of Christmas to those in need.
Now in its sixth year, Christmas Give offers a variety of ways in which the public can share in the spirit of holiday giving. This year’s drive will support the initiatives of the Cayman Islands Humane Society, Feed our Future and the Department of Children and Family Services.
Launched on the 19th November, the day of Camana Bay’s Annual Tree Lighting, Christmas Give will run until Christmas Eve. The Cayman Islands Humane Society was voted as this year’s beneficiary of choice by people who work and live at Camana Bay and as such will receive the total funds raised through these festively fun opportunities:
- Have your photo taken with traditional Santa Claus on Thursdays from 5pm to 7pm in Gardenia Court or on Saturdays with Caribbean Santa Claus from 3pm to 5pm on The Island. Picture This Studios will take photos and then donate CI$1 for every photo package purchased.
- Have your pet’s photo taken with Santa Claus by Picture This Studios at Santa Paws on 26 November from 10am to 12pm in Gardenia Court. Visitors can make donations directly or through purchasing pet accessories and photo packages.
- Run around the Town Centre in red and white regalia at the annual Santa Run on Sunday, 27 November at 6:30am. Net proceeds will benefit the Give.
- Donate money using the cascading coin stand and challenge friends or family to a coin race or put bills in the collection box. The stand is located at Regal Cinemas.
- A Dress Down Day will also be organised where people from Camana Bay’s offices are encouraged to wear festive outfits for a donation.
Continuing the festive cheer and giving, there are other fun activities to get involved in that support additional charities:
Purchase a CI$1 North Pole stamp at Mail Boxes Etc. and watch your child mail a letter to Santa Claus to benefit Feed our Future – a charitable organisation that provides free lunches for hungry schoolchildren.
Brighten Christmas morning for a child in need through a special toy drive. Stop by the Camana Bay Visitor Centre to learn about gifts you can buy for children identified by the Department of Children & Family Services.
In appreciation of people’s generosity, Dart will match the total Give efforts up to CI$10,000.
For more information on how you can lend your support over the holidays, visit the Camana Bay Visitor Centre or CamanaBay.com.