Create Magical Holiday Memories at Camana Bay
By Lindsey Turnbull on 21st November, 2013
Camana Bay, Grand Cayman (Nov. 21, 2013): For holiday travelers, there is no better place to get in the spirit of the season than at Camana Bay in Grand Cayman. Wishes will be granted as the vibrant town, situated on 500 acres between Seven Mile Beach and the tranquil North Sound, is transformed into a festive holiday wonderland. With an event calendar including carolers, a dazzling light parade and even snow, Camana Bay is sure to make your Caribbean vacation cheerful, merry and bright.
“The holiday season at Camana Bay is one of the most magical and exciting times of the year,” said Ken Hydes, Vice President of Special Projects for Dart Realty (Cayman) Ltd., the developer behind Camana Bay. “We’re thrilled to continue to offer unique holiday experiences that allow our guests to create new memories while visiting one of the most beautiful and enchanting places in the Caribbean.”
Here are some seasonal celebrations that should not be missed:
1) Annual Christmas Tree Lighting: The holiday season in Grand Cayman will kick off on Nov. 23 with Camana Bay’s Annual Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony. The Town Centre will be transformed into a sparkling wonderland with a majestic Christmas tree, inspiring musical performances, a Christmas craft market and, of course, a special visit from Santa Claus.
2) Kids’ Christmas Crafts: Parents can drop their kids off for up to two hours of supervised arts and crafts at Starfish Village while they sneak away to shop for gifts or enjoy an early dinner. Kids’ Christmas Crafts will be available on Saturdays between 3 p.m.–5 p.m. from Nov. 30 through Dec. 21.
3) Cayman Youth Choir Concert: Hearts are sure to swell on Dec. 14 when more than 100 children perform holiday favorites live on Camana Bay’s waterfront Crescent.
4) Snow Days: Festive snow flurries will magically fall on Santa’s workshop in Gardenia Court on select nights throughout the holidays.
5) Cayman 27’s Parade of Lights: On Dec. 7, boats aglow with thousands of brightly colored lights will parade through The Harbour against a soundtrack of choirs while a Christmas market charms visitors with local food and crafts on The Festival Green.
6) Christmas Evening Market: The Town’s popular Weekly Farmers’ Market will take over Market Street on Dec. 4. Savor the flavors and essence of a traditional Caymanian Christmas with fresh produce, handcrafted products and holiday treats perfect for stocking stuffers.
7) Santa Photos: Beginning Nov. 28, children can snap memories with Santa Claus in his workshop on Thursdays in Gardenia Court. On Saturdays, visit him on The Island as he goes Caribbean style with tropical shirt and shorts.
8 ) Moonlight & Movies: Every Tuesday beginning Nov. 26, families can enjoy their favorite Christmas films under the stars on The Crescent.
9) Miss Jackie’s Christmas Recital: Visions of sugar plum fairies under the stars, students from Miss Jackie’s School of dance will perform holiday classics on The Crescent on Dec. 21.
10) Camana Bay Crescent Countdown: Camana Bay will ring in 2014 with two spectacular fireworks displays over The Harbour. For the early show at 7 p.m., families can relax on The Crescent or dine alfresco at one of Camana Bay’s signature restaurants for the best seats in the house. Later, tuck the kids into bed and come out after 10 p.m. for a celebration on The Crescent with a DJ, dancing, and a live streaming of the Times Square ball drop.
In addition to a full lineup of holiday happenings, visitors to Camana Bay can enjoy the island’s top restaurants and world-class shopping. The Town Centre also offers family-friendly entertainment, including the island’s only cinema and unique attractions such as The Observation Tower, as well as regular community events, seasonal festivities and annual traditions.
For more information on Camana Bay, including a complete calendar of events, visit www.camanabay.com.
ABOUT CAMANA BAY
A destination within a destination, Camana Bay is a vibrant town located in the heart of Grand Cayman. Stretching 500 acres from the famous Seven Mile Beach to the tranquil North Sound, this mixed-use master planned community opened in December 2007 and is one of the first examples of New Urbanism in the Caribbean. Developed by Dart Realty (Cayman) Ltd. in collaboration with an award-winning team of visionaries, including Duany Plater-Zyberk (Seaside and Rosemary Beach, Fla.), Moore Ruble Yudell and OLIN Partnership, Camana Bay offers a unique mix of thoughtfully designed residential, commercial and public spaces, world-class shopping and dining, education and sports facilities plus family-friendly entertainment, events and attractions.
For more information on Camana Bay visit camanabay.com, like Camana Bay Fan Page on Facebook or follow Camana Bay on Twitter.