Holiday Happenings at Camana Bay
By Lindsey Turnbull on 20th November, 2012
Camana Bay, Grand Cayman (Nov 15, 2012)
camana bay announces its holiday events calendar
Visitors can enjoy warm weather, great restaurants and a holiday calendar with something for everyone.
Camana Bay, Grand Cayman (Nov 15, 2012): Boats decorated with thousands of twinkling lights. Photos with Caribbean Santa in his island apparel. Festive films shown under the stars. Over a dozen stunningly decorated Christmas trees. Fireworks on New Year’s Eve. For travelers who like to get away for the holidays, these are just a few highlights of a very merry holiday season at Camana Bay!
The lively town of Camana Bay in Grand Cayman today unveils a busy calendar of holiday events that offers a host of exciting opportunities to take part in annual holiday rituals and create new family traditions between the Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day holidays.
A destination within a destination, Camana Bay is a vibrant new town located in the heart of Grand Cayman. Situated on 500 acres between Seven Mile Beach and the tranquil North Sound, this mixed-use master planned community is one of the first examples of New Urbanism in the Caribbean.
Holiday visitors can enjoy award-winning restaurants and world class shopping, family-friendly entertainment including the island’s only cinema and unique attractions such as The Observation Tower, as well as regular community events, seasonal festivities and annual traditions. “The holidays are one of the most special times of year in the community of Camana Bay,” said Ken Hydes, VP Place Management & Experiences for Dart Realty (Cayman) Ltd., the developer behind Camana Bay. “There’s truly something for everyone – it even ‘snows’ in the Town Centre! We hope everyone who comes to Grand Cayman will join in this year’s festivities.”
Here are the Top 10 reasons to visit Camana Bay during this holiday season:
1) Annual Christmas Tree Lighting: Camana Bay’s holiday season kicks off on November 23rd with the Town Centre’s annual tree lighting ceremony. With the flick of a switch, the town will transform into a magical winter wonderland.
2) Drop & Shop: Parents can shop in peace on Wednesday evenings beginning November 21st. Leave the kids for up to three hours of supervised arts and crafts activities while you browse the stores at Camana Bay!
3) Festival of Trees: A stunning display of decorated Christmas trees and wreaths are displayed in the Town Centre in support of the Central Caribbean Marine Institute. Monday 19 – Friday 23 November.
4) Snow: Witness the look of joy and wonder on little ones faces as magical snowflakes fall against the festive backdrop of Gardenia Court on select nights throughout the holidays.
5) Parade of Lights: Boats decorated with millions of twinkling lights parade through The Harbour while onlookers enjoy live music, carol singing, and local food and drink on December 1st.
6) Christmas Evening Market: Savour the flavours and essence of a traditional Caymanian Christmas on 5 December when over 20 local vendors set up stalls along Market Street to offer local produce, products and holiday treats.
7) Santa Photos: On Thursdays, children can pose with Santa in his workshop in Gardenia Court. On Saturdays, pictures are taken with “Caribbean Santa” relaxing on The Island in his casual clothing.
8 ) Moonlight & Movies: Every Tuesday in December, families are invited to watch favorite holiday films under the stars.
9) “Twas the Night Before Christmas” PJ Party: Children are invited to don their pajamas for a special performance of the classic holiday tale complete with milk and cookies, and a surprise visit from Santa on December 23rd.
10) Fireworks for New Year’s Eve: Camana Bay will close out the year with an early family-friendly fireworks extravaganza on The Crescent.
Boats decorated with thousands of twinkling lights
Photos with Caribbean Santa in his island apparel
ABOUT CAMANA BAY
A destination within a destination, Camana Bay is a vibrant new town located in the heart of Grand Cayman. Stretching 500 acres from the famous Seven Mile Beach to the tranquil North Sound, this mixed-use master planned community opened in December 2007 and is one of the first examples of New Urbanism in the Caribbean. Developed by Dart Realty (Cayman) Ltd. in collaboration with an award-winning team of visionaries, including Duany Plater-Zyberk (Seaside and Rosemary Beach, Fla.), Moore Ruble Yudell and OLIN Partnership, Camana Bay offers a unique mix of thoughtfully designed residential, commercial and public spaces, world-class shopping and dining, education and sports facilities plus family-friendly entertainment, events and attractions. Designed to grow organically over several decades, Camana Bay is now in the master planning phase for the town’s residential communities.