It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year at Camana Bay Get into the holiday spirit at Camana Bay in Grand Cayman
Published on Wednesday, October 29th, 2014 by Lindsey Turnbull
Camana Bay, Grand Cayman (Oct. 29, 2014): Each year, Camana Bay in Grand Cayman is transformed into a Caribbean winter wonderland filled with thousands of twinkling lights and charming decorations. The vibrant town, located on 600 acres between Seven Mile Beach and the North Sound, surprises and delights travelers from all over the world with a special holiday event calendar. A dazzling boat parade of lights, photos with Caribbean Santa and larger-than-life holiday decorations will help your family create magical life-long holiday memories.
The magic of Camana Bay continues this holiday season with its “Wish Squad” spreading holiday cheer one surprise at a time. Gifts and experiences will be awarded to hundreds of randomly selected visitors to the Town Centre simply for being in Camana Bay. Gifts will range from artisanal chocolates, to designer sunglasses and even a diamond necklace. The most coveted prizes will be the unexpected experiences, things you didn’t even know you could wish for, including a private Cayman Luxury Charter trip from the Camana Bay Harbour, a Camana Bay shopping spree and the most special prize of all: being Santa’s helper as he turns on the lights at the annual Christmas Tree lighting.
Here are 10 seasonal celebrations guaranteed to spread holiday cheer:
1) Annual Christmas Tree Lighting: The holiday season in Grand Cayman will kick off on Nov. 22 with Camana Bay’s Annual Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony. The inaugural Santa Run will start the day as runners dressed in red and white race through the Town Centre to raise funds for the Camana Bay Christmas Give charitable campaign. At night,the Town Centre will be transformed into a sparkling wonderland with a majestic Christmas tree, inspiring musical performances, a Christmas craft market and, of course, a special visit from Santa Claus.
2) Moonlight & Movies: Starting Nov. 25, families can gather in a festively lit courtyard to enjoy their favorite Christmas films on a giant outdoor screen. Each Tuesday a different holiday favorite will be shown.
3) Holiday Farmers & Artisans’ Market and Flavour Tour: Starting Nov. 26, Camana Bay’s popular weekly Wednesday market will be infused with Christmas cheer. On Dec. 17, the Flavour Tour gets in the holiday spirit with a four-course tasting tour featuring local ingredients used in creating traditional holiday fare.
4) Photos with Santa: Beginning Nov. 27, children can snap memories with Santa Claus in his workshop on Thursdays in Gardenia Court. On Saturdays, visit him on The Island as he changes out of his signature suit to don Caribbean apparel – a tropical shirt and shorts. New this year, visitors can have their pet’s photo taken with Santa at Santa Paws on Nov. 29. Proceeds from packages purchased through Picture This will be donated to the Cayman Islands Humane Society.
5) Pink Ladies Annual Christmas Bazaar: This beloved annual charity fundraiser on Nov. 29 features a craft and bake sale along with performances by the National Choir and Orchestra.
6) Snow Days: Visitors to Camana Bay can enjoy snow falling gently in Gardenia Court every Tuesday through Saturday from 5 to 7 p.m.
7) Cayman 27’s Parade of Lights: On Dec. 6, boats aglow with thousands of brightly colored lights will parade through The Harbour against a soundtrack of choirs while a Christmas market charms visitors with local food and crafts.
8 Santa Story Time: Books & Books presents a special holiday themed Story Time featuring classic Christmas tales and day-of deals in-store on Dec. 17 at 10:30 a.m.
9) Christmas Recital: Guests will enjoy visions of sugarplum fairies under the stars as students from Miss Jackie’s School of Dance perform holiday classics on The Crescent on Dec. 20.
10) New Year’s Eve: Camana Bay will ring in 2015 with two spectacular fireworks displays over The Harbour. For the early show, families can relax on The Crescent or dine alfresco at one of Camana Bay’s signature restaurants for a front row view of the fireworks. Later, parents can tuck the kids into bed and come out for a celebration on The Crescent with a DJ and dancing.
The Town Centre also offers the island’s top restaurants, world-class shopping and family-friendly entertainment, including Grand Cayman’s only cinema and unique attractions such as The Observation Tower.
For more information on Camana Bay, including a complete calendar of events, visit www.camanabay.com.
ABOUT CAMANA BAY
A destination within a destination, Camana Bay is a vibrant town located in the heart of Grand Cayman. Stretching 600 acres from the famous Seven Mile Beach to the tranquil North Sound, this mixed-use master planned community opened in December 2007 and is one of the first examples of New Urbanism in the Caribbean. Developed by Dart Realty (Cayman) Ltd. in collaboration with an award-winning team of visionaries, including Duany Plater-Zyberk (Seaside and Rosemary Beach, Fla.), Moore Ruble Yudell and OLIN Partnership, Camana Bay offers a unique mix of thoughtfully designed residential, commercial and public spaces, world-class shopping and dining, education and sports facilities plus family-friendly entertainment, events and attractions.