Camana Bay Debuts New Starfish Village, Flavour Tours and More (update info about $10 gift card)
By Lindsey Turnbull on 27th May, 2014
A trip to the Cayman Islands wouldn’t be complete without a visit to Camana Bay, a 500-acre mixed-use development located between Seven Mile Beach and the North Sound. Just in time for summer travelers, Camana Bay has added several events and activities guaranteed to appeal to foodies, families and movie fans. Some of this summer’s offerings include:
- Only in Cayman $10 Gift Card: Visitors participating in the Cayman Islands Department of Tourism “Only in Cayman” summer promotion can present their Only in Cayman Savings Card at The Discovery Centre in Camana Bay and receive a $10 gift card to use at any of the more than 40 shops and restaurants.
- Farmers’ Market: Explore the stalls of fresh fruits and vegetables, handmade crafts and local food at the Farmers’ Market. This weekly community event brings local vendors together every Wednesday from noon to 7 p.m. to offer visitors a real taste of Cayman. Local musicians add to the ambiance from 5 to 7 p.m.
- Flavour Tour: Culinary enthusiasts can take part in the Flavour Tour, which begins at 7 p.m. each night. The progressive dinner features local ingredients presented in the signature styles of some of the island’s top restaurants, such as Abacus, Mizu and Ortanique.
- Moonlight & Movies: Grab dinner-to-go from one of the Town Centre’s restaurants, set up a picnic on the grass or simply bring a blanket, relax and enjoy a movie on The Crescent every Tuesday at 7 p.m. June-August and during special holidays.
- Starfish Village: Starfish Village, Camana Bay’s newest offering for children 0-12, opens this summer. Parents can drop off the kids for fun programming highlighting life in the Cayman Islands. Starfish Village will stay open late on Friday and Saturday nights, so parents can share a romantic meal at one of Camana Bay’s many fantastic restaurants.
- Imagination Playground: Made up of loose parts—giant foam blocks, mats, wagons, fabric and crates—Imagination Playground offers a changing array of elements that allow children to create their own unique play experience. Kids can dream, build and explore endless possibilities every Wednesday and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on The Crescent.